New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
What is big pool amd forks area like for fishing in the fall?
I have had some good fishing at the big pool but just too let you know the forks are closed as of the 15th of Sept. anything down from the forks is open til the 15th of Oct. And congrats on getting your name drawn for the wilsons final day

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'm looking forward to it. I noticed upstream from forks was closed but couldn't you actually fish the pool at the forks itself? I might just head to Cains river instead but I figured it might not be so crowned up there this time of year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was at Salmon Brook yesterday water is still low. There were 7 ppl. there at 2pm when I got there I fished for 2 hours and seen nothing other then a black bear cub .. heading to the renous next weekend for 3 days probably my last trip

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks I'm looking forward to it. I noticed upstream from forks was closed but couldn't you actually fish the pool at the forks itself? I might just head to Cains river instead but I figured it might not be so crowned up there this time of year.
Good question ? I just never bothered to fish the forks maybe someone that knows can answer if not I will make a call tomm as i'm heading up thurs.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question ? I just never bothered to fish the forks maybe someone that knows can answer if not I will make a call tomm as i'm heading up thurs.
Let me know what you find out and how you make out on the weekend. I'm thinking on head there or Cains first weekend in Oct.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gastch, I have fished the forks, called Moose Pool on the old maps well beyond the September 15th mark. As far as I know it is perfectly legal to do so. Best of luck ... I've hung up the fly rod in favour of striper gear for the fall!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Let me know what you find out and how you make out on the weekend. I'm thinking on head there or Cains first weekend in Oct.
well I called Blackville I asked the lady " I'm aware of what the book says but are you actually allowed to fish at the forks, becuse that is what the book uses to describe what closes and what remains open ? " She couldn't answer me but offered to call me back. I gave her my # and this is a quote from the message she left. " HI your answer to your question is as follows above the forks is closed below the forks is open the forks is the divider"
Well golly I knew that !!! I guess no one there can actually say yes you can or no you can't so I'm gonna start fishing there and if asked I will I point up river and say closed then ponit down river say open as far as where I'm standing it's the divider and there is nothing in the book that says the divider is closed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts