New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experiences with the GD line of reels by redington? They are discontinued but there are still some out there at good prices.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Salmo. I don't have that particular model of reel from Redington, but I have the Delta & the Rise reels from them (as well as 3 rods & waders). I like their products; I find them extremely high-quality for their price-point.

My two cents is I don't think you'd be disappointed by them.

ww

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Redington reel, I think it is a GD, but mine is black. Works great! baught it 4 years ago now, more then enough strentgh with a 30+lb salmon on her last fall. Never washed it or greased it as always intended to buy a high quality reel. Had baught it as a starter when I got into salmon fishing.... I think I might have to wash and grease her good and keep her for a while. Well worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just bought a Rise reel/rod combo and I can't wait to try it out! I've heard a lot of positive comments about Redington products.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 6wt and 9wt Redington Rise setup/combo. I've caught a lot of fish on the 9wt and it's a champ. Won't beat it for the price. Can't speak to the GD, but my experience with Redington has be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a CD reel 9/10 wt with an RS4 rod that I find to be a fine combo. The Redington brand seems to be great, I've never heard a negative comment so far. I'd say the GD would be good also and should be at a bargain price since it's been discontiued.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts