New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to bring my younger brother out for his first salmon fishing trip tomorrow morning. Just wondering if anyone has recent river conditions. Im thinking about heading up to either the northwest, renouse or maybee the little south west. If anyone has been there in the past couple of days is the river really high with the rain we got earlier in the week?

·
Registered
124 Posts
The only river that is high is the main Southwest Miramichi. The renous is a bit low but not bad. The Northwest is really low. The Little Southwest is not bad.

Water temperature on the Renous was 70 degrees this afternoon and will cool off later tonight. Rain and clouds should make it a good day of fishing on Saturday and even Sunday as I expect all rivers to rise some with 10 to 20 mm of rain forcast for the entire Miramichi system.

I would fish up river where fish have been held up in pools and with the rain you should be able to find some activer fish.

Considering the time of year the conditions are pretty good.

I landed one and released it friday evening in Quarryville as there was only 4 guys fishing so it must have been slow fishing alll week to have so little fishermen.

Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You're probably already gone by now, but I just came back from a fantastic three days on the Little SW. Excellent fishing. Was there Weds/Thurs/Friay. Hooked ten in total. I was at Thistle Club as a guest. The guy I was with hooked a lot more than I did. Beautiful pools on their water. I was told the water height was perfect. Temp started at 59-60 on Weds/Thurs and rose to 65 by Friday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts