New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey. i've never fished the hammond before but im thinking of going this weekend to the french village road covered bridge and maybe up to smithtown/damascus area. my questions, is this fly fishing only or can i use my spincast rod? also, would it even be worth my time to go up their?(i live in moncton) anything else i need to know about this river? thanks

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hammond River becomes flyfishing only as of July 15th. Palmer Brook (dumping into the Hammond River by Hwy 100) is catch and release only right now, and is later closed to all fishing as of July 1st.

The water is VERY high and dirty this week, with little to no fish being caught. I wouldn't bother coming all the way from Moncton. Give it another week or two and it should get better.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey. i've never fished the hammond before but im thinking of going this weekend to the french village road covered bridge and maybe up to smithtown/damascus area. my questions, is this fly fishing only or can i use my spincast rod? also, would it even be worth my time to go up their?(i live in moncton) anything else i need to know about this river? thanks
Not worth the trip down water is HIGH !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts