New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone willing to share what their favorite fly to use on the Renous is? Looking to try fishing up that way, don't wanna go with the wrong flies if I can help it. Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Green Butt Butterfly has always worked well on the Renous for me.

If you happen to fish the Big Pool below the forks after a rain, when the water is high and dirty, a big Woolly Bugger, Black, in about size 2 or 4, with a little Krystal Flash in the tail is good in the fast water at the head of the pool.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Green Butt Butterfly has always worked well on the Renous for me.

If you happen to fish the Big Pool below the forks after a rain, when the water is high and dirty, a big Woolly Bugger, Black, in about size 2 or 4, with a little Krystal Flash in the tail is good in the fast water at the head of the pool.
When the water gets low alot of dinks jig salmon in that pool !!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chadman I'm thinking on heading up tomm send me a pm and let me know how you make out. As far as lehaves comment on the jigging at the big pool I'd have to say they would have to have balls to try such a thing with the amount of ppl. that go there ! Not saying it doesn't happen but if I ever seen such a thing going on I will report it ASAP and would hope that others would too.It's a pretty easy pool to do survalince on

·
Registered
111 Posts
It happens ....never seen it myself but had a guy tell me how it was done...He would have wished for the DFO/DNR if I would have seen him do it
It happens in alot of spots on the 'Chi!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
It happens ....never seen it myself but had a guy tell me how it was done...He would have wished for the DFO/DNR if I would have seen him do it
It happens in alot of spots on the 'Chi!!
I don't question the fact that it does happen, the particular pool that is mentioned I basically sleep there. My point was If I ever was standing on the the high bank looking at the pool and the ppl. fishing and seen this I wouldn't let it go and if they are not parked in the pit then I would take the drive to the bridge and mark down plate #'s with my video I'd pay a visit to Blackville.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Then you probably know the guy!!
there are 2 brothers that stay in a tent trailor right in the pit. usually there all summer, if you have ever been there and seen a tent popped to the left as you go into the path from the pit that is me most vehicles drive up that far but not realizing i was sleeping there
what makes me think that it might be them is one day I was at pine tree pool and got angry looks as I waded there .. as I was waiting for space to fish (45min.) I was in 3 ft of water temp was 62 and it was 10:30AM, I got the where are you from this isn't public waters! I said it is today and will be till you prove me wrong move. I Added I will wait here and watch if you like I'm here for a week. They went to the west side of the river talked and left. I didn't see anything just made me think but the private pool is getting old and jezz.. that area !! give me a break !!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not much luck in regards to salmon today. Is it too early to fishing up around the pit area? There are a bunch of campers setup there with people in them ( lights were on when we drove by on our way home tonight) they must be there to fish salmon?

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not those guys I was refering to ZG ...I've been there a few times over the last couple of years and the guy I'm refering to goes there when the water is low and warm....I don't wonder in there too often as I am usually with client and its a busy pool by times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts