New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me an idea where to purchase the plastic rivets used for mounting rod holders, fish finders, etc on an Ocean Kayak?
Please and thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can someone give me an idea where to purchase the plastic rivets used for mounting rod holders, fish finders, etc on an Ocean Kayak?
Please and thanks!
When i put a new rudder kit and footbrace set on my old kayak, everything was mounted with stainless screws/bolts with a little tube of aqua seal around the threads to seal it when you screwed it in. The directions had a hole drilled that was almost one size too small for the bolt so that you really had to put some effort into screwing them in, but it has worked flawlessly and not a leak to be had.
Could do the same thing with a normal pop rivet and aquaseal or something as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
When i put a new rudder kit and footbrace set on my old kayak, everything was mounted with stainless screws/bolts with a little tube of aqua seal around the threads to seal it when you screwed it in. The directions had a hole drilled that was almost one size too small for the bolt so that you really had to put some effort into screwing them in, but it has worked flawlessly and not a leak to be had.
Could do the same thing with a normal pop rivet and aquaseal or something as well.
With my OK Trident 13, I did something similar. I used brass nuts and bolts and rubber washers. I drilled holes just barely large enough to get the bolts through, and I used silicon sealant on just about everything to help with the seal. So far it has been working well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts