New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im looking for a nice place to fly fish for some trout, would love to know a Sarene place that is quite and isolated, easy to fish and open.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
You might narrow it down to "within an hour's drive from X", and you might get some response.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, Thanks, Im In Saint John, anywhere within an hours drive? Ill drive an hour or two if it is a real decent spot. Maybe somewhere nice to throw down a tent.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
A good place close to Saint John is the Hammond River, all kinds of places along it to cast in solitude.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, the Hammond, any particular places? Are the sea trout running through there heavy now? and for how much longeR?

·
Registered
19 Posts
kennebacasis is not far from you. Look for the potash mine and jump in right there.

As for other spots... Grab your GPS look at google earth and look for the hardest places to get to.

All the easy places that people will talk about here are fished too death and suck now (everyone has a 4X4 these days but no one is willing to walk.)

So my best advice for you is to start trail blazing by foot and I will guarentee you will have great success!

·
Registered
184 Posts
kennebacasis is not far from you. Look for the potash mine and jump in right there.
Before you "jump in right there", read the fish booklet carefully. There are gear restrictions as well as a catch and release section, you will need to be aware of the relevant dates and restrictions.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Before you "jump in right there", read the fish booklet carefully. There are gear restrictions as well as a catch and release section, you will need to be aware of the relevant dates and restrictions.
explore the mispec you may just hook a salmon. terrain is extreme- be carefull

·
Registered
79 Posts

As for other spots... Grab your GPS look at google earth and look for the hardest places to get to.

All the easy places that people will talk about here are fished too death and suck now (everyone has a 4X4 these days but no one is willing to walk.)

So my best advice for you is to start trail blazing by foot and I will guarentee you will have great success!
lol...gr8 advice....been doin that for years;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts