New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do people think of certain brand name boats. Lets here all the good and bad. I narrowed my choice of boat to one of 3. I'm going with a 14 foot aluminum boat with trailer. These are all brand new.

What brand names are better?

Choices - Princecraft Yukon, Lund WC, or Legend Wide body???

All of these boats are the same width, length and the benchs are spaced pretty much the same. All specifications are pretty much the same.

I'm going to check them out on Saturday in Nova Scotia since nothing is available anywhere in New Brunswick. I know I've been searching for a few months.
New Brunswick has to be the worst province for finding dealers for boats and motors. Nova Scotia on the other hand has inventory and most brands have dealers there. I know because I searched all the manufacture websites for dealers. I even checked out most used boat adds for N.B. and N.S and it's very limited to what is available. I'm not looking for an old boat. I have that now.

I even checked out Maine dealers for new and Uncle Henrys and Craig's list for used stuff. Not much in Maine either. The dealers are just not carrying the inventory due to the economy.

Besides the difference in price by going to the States on a new trailer and boat that I'm looking for is about $1000 but after spending $200 to $300 in gas to get there/back and another $200 for the transfer of the trailer at the border, you only save $500. Not much of a savings in my opinion for the hassels. You might save another $400 if you buy a new 9.9 Mercury motor with boat and trailer in Maine..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think at the end it goes by personal preference. I had asked all the same questions when I went to buy my boat and in the end I just looked at what I wanted and what was out there and then bought it. I did not really go by brand but from what I gather the Lowe has a good name. I myself ended up buying a 2010(left over) Lowe roughneck 1455 with a 25HP mercury 2 stroke, motor guide 40lbs trolling motor and galvanized trailer from Phil's in Lincoln.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think at the end it goes by personal preference. I had asked all the same questions when I went to buy my boat and in the end I just looked at what I wanted and what was out there and then bought it. I did not really go by brand but from what I gather the Lowe has a good name. I myself ended up buying a 2010(left over) Lowe roughneck 1455 with a 25HP mercury 2 stroke, motor guide 40lbs trolling motor and galvanized trailer from Phil's in Lincoln.
I would agree , and keep in mind the customer that supports his local dealer is uaually the one that gets the better service .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts