New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have any info on the pickerel tourney there this weekend? start times? c&r or not?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Found the ad they posted on kijiji. here is what it says..

2nd annual Pickeral tournament to be held on Indian Lake (off of Sand Point Road) on Saturday,January 28, 2012. Registration is at 8:00 am and the tournament starts at 9:00 and goes to 4:00. 3 largest fish. $20.00 per entry. Prize payout is based on total entries. Any questions please contact Jason at work at 446-6135 (from 8am to 5:30). After 6:30 at home 472-6519.

Payout based on 50 people (payout subject to change with the No. of entries):

1st $300.00
2nd $200.00
3rd $100.00
4th $80.00

The more people the better the payout. Last year we had 48 people and would love to see more.

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Im pretty sure registration is at the end of the Mill Rd at Indian lake (take a right off the sandppoint rd) he usually has a sign up, last year he had it so you could fish any lake you wished, fish didnt have to be alive as long as the fish werent frozen nor dead for very long when you brought them in to register, but he may do it differently this year

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i`m planing on going.

are you still going flyakfisher? should i bring extra tip ups?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the next pickerel tourney at french lake is supposed to be feb. 18 according to the guy that was running this one.

i just ejoyed one of the benifits of a pickerel tourney, a pan fried lunch of pickerel and home fries - mmmm mm! thats tastey!

·
Registered
492 Posts
the next pickerel tourney at french lake is supposed to be feb. 18 according to the guy that was running this one.

i just ejoyed one of the benifits of a pickerel tourney, a pan fried lunch of pickerel and home fries - mmmm mm! thats tastey!
How did you do, ipop? What was the fishing like?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was perfect conditions for an pickerel tourney, the best. most people were fishing indian lake, where it was based, and, as we learned after the tourney, you were allowed to drive to other lakes like french (they connect). the fishing was pretty steady for us - just start to think or do something else and a tip up would start waving. i lost probabley 4 to 1 over landing fish, which wasn`t what i was looking to do
but at one point with 2 nice ones on the ice i was leading. getting a good kicker after that was what i needed but instead ended up with a 18". mean while my fishing buddy went from one 16" to 2 to 3 nice ones to just as time was running out, his 4th and kicker of the day. he finished just out of the money and i was right behind him. then after the tourney i landed that kicker i had been looking for - he must have been late, on lunch or something...lol!
it was a friendly group, the guy from the tourney let us use his power auger for our initial holes, which was a big energy saver. i landed a jumbo yellow perch, fat 12" that had everbody talking as i walked to the weigh in.

have you tried any of the ice fishing tournies BobD? i thought of a fun tourney on the drive back, a variation one one i was thinking of. how does a "bring your boat ice fishing" tourney sound? you have to bring your boat with you on the ice, so you have to pull or push or get creative to take your soft water ride ice fishing. not limited to kayaks, which was the original idea, but instead open to what ever boat type you fish from. just a fun tourney, it would be a ball to video.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Def some of the best conditions ive seen, i drove out and all over Indian and French in my car, but decided to go and fish Maquapit after finding out that we were aloud to, ended up having great fishing for numbers but seriously lacking in teh size depârtment lol biggest 3 i got were bwt 19 and 21 inches, i thought i was catching the same 18 incher over and over again there for awhile..still a great day tho was prbly the nicest weather ive seen for a pickerel tournament in quite awhile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts