New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a blast up there late summer with top water baits. I usually use a weedless frog and cast into the grass and watch em explode. You need lots of frogs tho cause they'll chew the legs off em in no time

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go north pass the bridges in Chipman on the #123 about a mile you will see water on both sides of the road that is where the culverts are.
Good luck.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not sure what the fishing is like right now as the water is really high . Its up about 4 to 5 feet in grand lake and the river is also high .

·
Registered
104 Posts
The fishing has been very good up until the last raise of water,then things started to slow down,especially the pickerel bite. At this time of year,with the gaspereau still in the river and moving out
and the water being higher than normal,you have to be fishing with the right bait or you might get skunked. We have figured out what they want over the years and can usually hook a few nice pickerel
regardless of the conditions. I posted a few photos in my blog of some nice pickerel we have taken in the last month right off of my shore and my girlfriend noticed a couple of boys from
the Moncton area fishing around and in front of my shore,probably looking for one of those 25 inchers I was showing off in the blog. I don't know how they made out but I'm assuming they didnt have the secret
weapon so they probably found the fishing a little tough
. Cheers and good luck on the water!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I seen that huge floating warf in Chipman, any good fishing there? I dont know the area to well. I just live around Coles Island area so it's not far from me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Everything from salmon and trout to pickerel and perch have been caught from that wharf but there are better spots,for sure.
Good luck!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Was going to go to the Chi today fishing striped bass but decided to go to Chipman, Salmon River for pickerel. Water is still quite high and it got pretty windy in the afternoon. We fished above the bridge for a couple of hours and only managed 3 pickerel ,one was 24", We went thru the culverts and fished that backwater (don't know if it has a name)We caught 15 more fish and it was nice and calm most of the time.Most pickerel were caught near the shore and on points using mepps spinners. It was a great day to be on the water and didn't get burned too bad. My 16' boat fitted ok right now but probably in a week or so I wont be able to go thru the culvert.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We went to Chipman today, water was high but fishable, landed about ten fish and missed a few more, some in the mid twenty inches, good day to be out on the water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts