New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Newer to the area and I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me where I could get some white and/or yellow perch in the St Stephen area. I don't have a boat (yet) so only from shore areas would help at this time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi muskrat... I'm not an expert, but I can give you some areas to try. I'm sure when someone who knows the area for fishing could give you a better response, but in the lack of expert advice.

If you head out to little ridge and go straight to the end of the road you will get to the Grand Falls Dam. You can fish the headpond from shore, though I haven't since I was a kid. I recall sunfish there, and I suspect there will be yellow perch.

Another area that I fished once as a kid and thought it was awesome fishing was the above the woodland dam. To get there you would need to go out towards Upper Mills, but take the road up towards Mohannes. Keep going straight. It was a dirt road when I was a kid. Not sure what the road would be like today (that was 35 years ago).

You might also be able to find a spot to fish in Upper Mills itself. That I can't tell you for certain, as I never fished there, but It's been a place I've thought of going back to to explore. Maybe some day.

Good luck, and I hope that someone who has some St Stephen experience from THIS century comes on to help you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts