New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have pair Orvis PRO GUIDE 3 waders that I have had for 3 years but they have being lass then 4Dz times and have 2 leaks along the inseam seam, 1 leak in my Right Foot where the 2 seams come together in the neoprene on the big toe side.

I hoped that Orvis would send me a new pair, NO; they are repair time for a wader is 4 to 6 weeks.

I know for next time I will not go for $350 Pair of Orvis. I will go to Cabela's and have 2 pairs Premium Dry-Plus $300.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have an Orvis rod that needs to be sent out for repair. But, I'm not sure if I even want the thing after it is repaired. I'll never buy an Orvis again. So, I'll most likely sell it and put the money towards a higher end St. Croix than I already have. American made I might add.

If your into it, might as well have something that will last.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have pair Orvis PRO GUIDE 3 waders that I have had for 3 years but they have being lass then 4Dz times and have 2 leaks along the inseam seam, 1 leak in my Right Foot where the 2 seams come together in the neoprene on the big toe side.

I hoped that Orvis would send me a new pair, NO; they are repair time for a wader is 4 to 6 weeks.

I know for next time I will not go for $350 Pair of Orvis. I will go to Cabela's and have 2 pairs Premium Dry-Plus $300.
I have a pair of Orvis waders .This is my second season.They have been leaking most of this summer (seams).Goop works really well to stop the leaks.Paid about $200.00 for them (on sale).

I also have Cabelas waders about 8 years old and they still do not leak.paid about $50.00 for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me the best warranty on fishing equipment is LL Bean!!! I know their stuff might night be as high end but I bought a pair of $99 light waders that leaked after almost 3 years...went to the store in Freeport Maine...they just gave me a new pair no questions or receipt needed!!!! The policy they have is 100% satisfaction guaranty....translation guarantied for like!!!! And no I do not work for them!!! lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a pair of Orvis waders too, with the same results. This is my 5th summer with them and the seams leak in both knees and the butt crack. I've been using them anyway, but this is the last summer for these, they'll be going in the trash. I bought these **new** off ebay and the first pair that was sent to me were used and had invisible bullet holes in them,, when i wrote to the seller, i had a brand new pair sent within weeks,, but here we are, 4 yrs later and they started to leak in the knees,, now they are just a sinking ship. These were a 350$ pair of waders,, is the life span of a 350$ pair of waders really 4 years?? if thats the case i might just head to wal-mart and see what they have kicking around.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an Orvis rod that needs to be sent out for repair. But, I'm not sure if I even want the thing after it is repaired. I'll never buy an Orvis again. So, I'll most likely sell it and put the money towards a higher end St. Croix than I already have. American made I might add.

If your into it, might as well have something that will last.
I will not buy an Orvis Rod or Wader

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any of you guys treat the waders with any spray or anything like that?

How about maintainence, storage and drying after use ?

Just curious

My waders are likely 5 year old Simms and besides damage on the knee that I repaired they have never leaked. I always try to dry them out , hang them
Inside out after the outside is dry as well .... But I've never used any of the treatments maybe I should ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any of you guys treat the waders with any spray or anything like that?

How about maintainence, storage and drying after use ?

Just curious

My waders are likely 5 year old Simms and besides damage on the knee that I repaired they have never leaked. I always try to dry them out , hang them
Inside out after the outside is dry as well .... But I've never used any of the treatments maybe I should ?
I look to see here to sat. I dry them out, but not in the hot sunlingt, storage in a wader bag.

A firend is going his 3er pair of simmer on 3 years. they mail him a new pair not a repair job.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gat my waders back from Orviv on the 6 Oct. I mailed them 16 Aug. and all the time I was use my hunting waders.

I will NOT buy Orvis as Long as I am walking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts