New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that some of you have made it out to French lake and was wondering if anyone has been out to oromocto river? If so how was the fishing? The levels gotta be dropping by now right?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah I was out this past weekend on the Oromocto near French Lake and the water was still quite high. Another 2 feet and I think it will start to make a big difference. Hopefully the nice weather this week will help it along and that it drops a bit for the NB Paddlers Fishing Derby out there this coming weekend!

Two weekends ago a few of us went out. We all managed to get into fish and the water was even higher, so depending on what you are after you can catch stuff. One notable absence was the bass. None of us got a single bass, so they were obviously not hitting yet. Last weekend they were still not hitting, so I'm hoping they will be on come this weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. We are heading out tomorrow. I'll let you know how we make out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The lower end of the Oromocto River is tidal. It is tidal for about 20-30km, winding in through the French Lake area and up to around Pride's Landing.
Hi Bob. How did you confirm this?
I tried too find in the 2001 Fish book and couldn't.

Thanks...Rob.

·
Registered
492 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts