New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fishing was good up Oromocto River. Afriend, my son and me had a good day. There was alot Perch, some Pickerel 10 the bigges was 23" and 4 Bass all for 14 to 18" and a catfish. It was good to see the boy play with them on the ice.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Whereabouts do you fish on the Oromocto river..i thought about it often but didnt know how safe it was ...always thought about fishing at teh boat launch in Geary

·
Registered
130 Posts
has anyone fished the Oromocto River near the Oromocto MAall are where it meets the SJ River?.....Oromocto Marina area??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Allways fishing,
Were they wormy?
Did you keep any for a little fish fry? Nothing better then a hot pan some little fillets and the fish crisp on the ice. Yummy.

Sent you a PM

·
Registered
27 Posts
I fish the Oromocto River at the end of the tidal water at prides landing I kept approx 20 perch and most where worm free a few had some but pick them out and your good to go, For anyone that never fished prides landing go into the Fredericton Junction right by the bridge prides landing road follow to the end and that's the end of the tidal water at the boat launch you have to fish left side only as the right is not considered tidal water, I fished there for the last 4 years and the largest perch that I have caught was 17" in the spring the average is about 8-10' good luck and anyone wants to go let me know and we can get together.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Always........r u talking about the section of the Oromocto River near the turn off from the Branch Road??? Im in Oromocto West....... If I were to go out onto the Broad Rd.....turn onto the Branch Road all the way out to the Fredericton Junction turn off....there is a bridge soon after the turn off onto the route 101.....is this the spot yiour talking about?? (Central Blissville)

Or are you talking about the bridge right near the School and Rink???.....that is called Prides Landing Road?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Allways fidhing........on Google earth it looks like the road does not go all the way to the water...you have to walk in a bit???..is this true???...how far down that road gets plowed??...all the way??

·
Registered
27 Posts
The road is plowed right to the boat ramp there is a sign that says private but go straight through to the water, the camp owner usually plows it to the water if not to his camp just park off to the side enough so if he comes down he can get by., Good luck let me know when you are going to go and maybe we can get together

·
Registered
130 Posts
Gee thanks Allways....... I see the area your talking about now. (Google Earth)........all the way to the end of Prides Landing Road.......ok Ill try to plan something soon and give you a heads up. You say you catch perch there???....any pickerel too?

what r u using for bait and hooks?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes there is pickerel I do not target them I go for just Perch I use honey dew worms and tiny jigs. Let know when you want to go and if I not busy I will drop and have a fish as
well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts