New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out for a drive today and saw some kayaks in the canaan. Also saw quite a few trucks parked at the side of the road along the way and was just wondering how opening day went in that area. Let the fish stories begin.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Havent fished yet this season, building a deck, be a few more days.Boat is almost ready to go, gotta change the oil and gear oil. I can wait till 1 May if necessary and then hit Cassidy and Chipman. How about you?? JJ doesnt fish anymore ,sold his boat and bought a motorcycle!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went out and did some shore fishing out the old fred road way. No luck but my little girl had fun with her new rod and reel. Thought you might convince JJ to come out with you or me this year. I havn't looked at my boat yet but I think I may skip cassidy and head to ormocto for the first boat trip this year. Water levels have to be better then last year LOL.

·
Registered
492 Posts
fisher... for my younger kids, when I wanted them to experience catching a lot of fish, one of the places I went to is on the Lincoln road right near the Fredericton city limits. There is a little brook that runs under the road and into a little fishing hole (maybe 30-40 feet across) right on the river side of the road. I caught a ton of yellow perch there. I haven't been there for a couple of years, but it was almost a fish/cast. The water might be low enough that you can get down in there beside the water and cast away. With 3 kids I spent my entire time going from kid to kid removing fish, putting worms on the hooks, etc The kids loved it though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Managed to get out for 1st time today and had some good fun with my 4y/o on the little river. We caught about 7 and kept 2 around the 12 inch size. didnt see anything big but my god those trout look soom healthy! They are feeding well too the 2 were stuffed solid when i cleaning them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You guys who are going to hit up Cassidy Lake, Is there anything even left in the lake? I lived on Cassidy Lake for 16 years, and have noticed a drop in fish population BIG TIME in the last while.
I know there used to be a ton of pickerel, but anything else?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We went out last year on opening day. Thought it would be ok to get in some fishing and shake down the boat for the first time. Three of us and only 1 pick caught. Tried one more time a few weeks later and caught a few trolling but with the price of gas what it is we decided not to go there anymore. Too bad as it is a nice little lake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts