New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'd just like to see how everyone made out on thier first day of fishing and if it was a good one !
, I went out Old Black River Road and Foud plenty Streams brooks etc and caught good trout around 22 in totally threw out the whole day and my bag limit of 5
All around 8-11 inches depending
fun stuff What did you get? How was it ? !

·
Registered
57 Posts
4 trout, 3 perch, a catfish and a pickerel........not half bad concidering I fought a forest fire for 4 hours in the afternoon........

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Country Mike thats awesome and crazy fighting a fire before hand haha, ipop glad ya had a good one
!, Bany Chill pull over the side of the road to any brooks and streams you see

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
0 trout; 2 salmon. Both on my home-made fly in my favorite trout hole. Didn't expect to see them that far up the river this time of year. Hooked, landed and released in under three minutes. Very good odds of survival!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Serious Fiher you hooked into some trout in a brook already ? out Black River road? Or Black River?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I thought it as a little early for brooks as well, I stopped at a brook that I always get trout out of on sunday and caught nothing at all

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I thought it as a little early for brooks as well, I stopped at a brook that I always get trout out of on sunday and caught nothing at all
a guy I work with tried up the Hammond river and didn't get anything as well. They tried on some brooks in the Quispamsis area and caught a limit each. He won't tell me where, though, so I can't hook you up.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Stroover, water was quite low for the time of year but overall not bad at all. I guess they got more snow up there last winter than what we got here in the south.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Landed two black salmon in Doaktown , a nice big hook bill and a grilse ..lost severel up river in Priceville..fish were jumping all over up there

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Pond Jumper, Is the strech of the river near doaktown is open to the public water? I never fished the Miramichi river so just want to know !

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey stroover what river did you catch your salmon on? and Moodus yes Out Old black river road, i jsut google maps brooks and streams and went on them had plenty trout seems weird this early but I did and itsnt wasnt onfly It was on spinning gear with a size 4 hilddie and thick taped lead peice after with hook at the end with the small hook in the combo packs jsut from walmart spinners coulda been a small size but i was so happy to get out i just chucked it in the water, wrom was bait !
Everyone seems to be doing greta iI'm glad everyone had a goodday Im sure thier'll be mroe posts!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Spent two great days fishing the MSW Miramichi at Carrolls Crossing. The fishing was the best I've seen in all my years of fishing up there.
Fish were showing all over the river and most boats were catching fish. Some more than others. I limited out by 8:30 AM and the girlfriend limited out at 10:30 AM
on the first day. I limited out at 10:AM this morning. The girlfriend caught two grilse and two salmon,both 31.5 in. I'll be giving a full report with photos and video in
the next post on my blog. Get out there quickly! The fishing is going to drop off fast,especially above Blackville.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Riverboy , soudns liek you probably had to VERY good mornings
I 'd would love to hook some salmon !

1 - 20 of 49 Posts