New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I came across this online fly fishing store the other day. It is located in Arlington, Texas but the shipping for flies is only $2.88 to Canada. Do not get me wrong I also support the local shops but thought I would pass this info along in case some people have not seen them before. I placed an order yesterday so I am anxious to see how long it takes and how the flies are.

http://www.anglersdream.net/default.asp

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Guys,

I came across this online fly fishing store the other day. It is located in Arlington, Texas but the shipping for flies is only $2.88 to Canada. Do not get me wrong I also support the local shops but thought I would pass this info along in case some people have not seen them before. I placed an order yesterday so I am anxious to see how long it takes and how the flies are.

http://www.anglersdream.net/default.asp
I just took a view, and the site looks great.

Excellent select, prices seem fair.

Let me know how the order turns out, as I may use this site in the future. No good fly shops in Saint John, well, none at all. So, a good site would be useful to me.

If shipping $60 worth of flies only cost $2.88, i'd be interested.

As I would likely order 2-5 of about 15-20 flies at a time.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Let me know how the order turns out, as I may use this site in the future. No good fly shops in Saint John, well, none at all. So, a good site would be useful to me.

Let me know as well, but I've the feeling that as soon they will hit the water everything will fell apart... I hope not for you. Just seems to be too cheap to be true

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

There are a couple of places to buy flies in Saint John, not including the junk at Canadian tire and Walmart. Doirons sell flies and so does Don Gallagher and both sell tying materials. Don has a guy that will tie custom as well. Prices are not like that web site, but I remember a guy telling me once,"You get what you pay for"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, buying flies from a place that sell a ton of flies -- will be cheaper than buying in the Saint John area. (or, most of NB) for that matter.

As, our stores are certainly a lot smaller, thus prices are usually higher in the small market.

If that site sell a ton of flies, it would explain the cheaper prices. The more they sell, the cheaper they can sell them for, which again, makes them sell even more.

Hopefully they are good. If so, i'll be buying a few.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just hope they wern't tied in China or Tiawan because they will fall apart after a few casts,as gdog said.When it comes to flies,it pays to know your tier.A salmon fisherman spends hundreds,if not thousands on gear and equipment,so why cheap out on the only thing that makes contact between you and the fish? Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
He has some great looking flies, but... the prices have me confused. $90, $80 & $120 for a fly? Should I be adding a decimal point (.) in here? $.90 $1.20? Or... am i missing something here?
I think you are looking at the classic salmon flies ( 60 to 120 dollars) and not the ones you use to fish, The normal hairwings are 3.50 each.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys,

I was away this week and just got back today. My first order came in and without obviously trying them out yet they look very good. Hopefully I will be able to get out sometime soon and give them a try and I will let you know how they hold up. They look like good solid flies.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
sounds good so far!

why is it no matter how many flies you own, everyone says they are hitting on one you don't have....?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts