New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about taking a run up to the Miramichi area early Sunday morning. Debating between hitting the Cains to chase after some trout or up to the Northwest to maybe hook an early run bright. Anybody care to weigh in with an opinion? The Northwest would be a relativly new adventure for me as I've been in the area a few times but have not done much fishing there. Any sign of sea trout on the Cains yet? I hear a few bright trout are starting to show themselves in the main river so they should be coming soon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've heard of a few being caught around the mouth of Cains, so you should be fine heading up the Cains. I'm not sure if they are in great numbers yet, but there are certainly a few. FYI. I'm not sure where you are coming from, but take into consideration it's been pouring rain here for a couple of days, so the river will be rising, dirty, and possibly into the bushes. I can't speak for the northwest though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard of a few being caught around the mouth of Cains, so you should be fine heading up the Cains. I'm not sure if they are in great numbers yet, but there are certainly a few. FYI. I'm not sure where you are coming from, but take into consideration it's been pouring rain here for a couple of days, so the river will be rising, dirty, and possibly into the bushes. I can't speak for the northwest though.
Yea I almost didn't go due to all the rain, but was up and decided I would give it a try anyway. Water was crazy high, difficult fishing and didn't have much luck, but better than a day on the couch. I tried the cains around the bridge one the chipman - doaktown highway. I should be back up at some point this weekend on the way to my camp in the renous, hoping to have better weather and better luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts