New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to the Palisades on Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any reports from this season. What kind of shape is the camp in? Is there a boat at Camp pool this season? How are the trails to the upper pools? How has the fishing been? Any up to date info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't tell you much about the trail/camp conditions ect but I've fished the private water immediately below the North Pole/Palisades this year and it's been unbelievably good. Best salmon fishing I've ever had.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't tell you much about the trail/camp conditions ect but I've fished the private water immediately below the North Pole/Palisades this year and it's been unbelievably good. Best salmon fishing I've ever had.
Yes the Thistle water can be great - I can only imagine what it has been like this year. Ledges fishing well I assume?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes the Thistle water can be great - I can only imagine what it has been like this year. Ledges fishing well I assume?
The Boat is there to cross the North Pole Stream on that big deadwater. Not sure how it would work reeling it back and forth without anyone in the boat as the steel cable attachment twists and we had to keep it straight. I did that and my buddy pulled us across using the steel cable and the clothes line affair just followed suit.

BG

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went through the Lower Ledges pool three times and caught two grilse and rolled a big salmon on the dry fly. Fish jumping and rolling all around. Flaherty's was like a fish pond a few weeks ago. Got four fish before 9am myself, one giant female. Best fishing I've had in a 24 hour span in my life, and I've been around the Miramichi and Restigouche drainages.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back from the Pole - fishing was OK. Our group of three hooked fish in 5 different pools. Roughly 50/50 wet vs. dry (mainly Carters Bugs). Boat is there to cross, but it leaks very badly and must be bailed every time. Good luck to all who head to the Pole this season.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Heading up to the Pallisades next week, any updates?

JA
We were talking to 2 guys at the North Pole Stream when we were leaving Charlies Rock last Saturday (13th) they said they got nothing up in the upper pools but had some good luck in the lower pool where the boat is for Charlies Rock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts