New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Im heading up to the Kedwick in Aug, Does anyone know what flies they use up in that area. Also has anyone been fishing there this year. Just trying to get the down low before I go. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi. My dad and I fished the North Branch 2 years ago, first week of August. Not very good. The only fish taken(grilse) was on a yellow butterfly. The guardians told us that the run goes through in July and we had missed it. I assume you are going to the North Branch?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi. My dad and I fished the North Branch 2 years ago, first week of August. Not very good. The only fish taken(grilse) was on a yellow butterfly. The guardians told us that the run goes through in July and we had missed it. I assume you are going to the North Branch?
I am just getting back from up that way. Most of the salmon being caught lately by the locals are on green machines (size 6, 8) and dry flies of various sizes and colors... buck bugs are also very good... brown seems to be doing well (this is some of what they are using on the little main restigouche). The north branch area finally received enough rain a few days back to cool things off (water was at 59 degrees this morning and it also raised the water a bit but it is still low). Friends of mine went to see and the pools are full of fish right now in this area... lower sections of the river is slow right now as the fish ran upstream... a trip in early August could be a good time

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you bring a canoe you should be alright. Dad and I could only fish the 3 lower pools and the fish on the north branch tend to go through the lower end the middle of July 1st of August.PAUL Any word on the forks pool? Oh my avatar is the large salmon at the Forks last July 14th. I heard from a warden today that there is lots of fish but he wasn't sure about the fishing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you bring a canoe you should be alright. Dad and I could only fish the 3 lower pools and the fish on the north branch tend to go through the lower end the middle of July 1st of August.PAUL Any word on the forks pool? Oh my avatar is the large salmon at the Forks last July 14th. I heard from a warden today that there is lots of fish but he wasn't sure about the fishing?
Never made it to the forks, but talk to a couple of fishermen who reported of having gone there a few days ago and the pool is packing up with salmon. Whole lot of fish there! They were not taking in the pool and not many were sighted in the run... but there has been more rain and lower temps since then... wish I could tell you more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never made it to the forks, but talk to a couple of fishermen who reported of having gone there a few days ago and the pool is packing up with salmon. Whole lot of fish there! They were not taking in the pool and not many were sighted in the run... but there has been more rain and lower temps since then... wish I could tell you more.
Thanks for the info guys. Im heading up on the 9th and have my fingers crossed about maybe fishing Jardine brook on the 8th so Ill let you guys know how I make out. I know the north branch tends to not produce alot of fish but there seems to be more fish around this year so heres hoping. Hows the scenery up there. Never been up north in that area before. I will definatley be bringing a canoe or small boat. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts