New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We just returned for a scouting trip to the Narrows stretch on the Sevogle, We were successful in draw for mid June...coming fast. I guess its pretty early but hopefully there will be a couple out there we can play with! We spent a day up there walking to some of the pools and using ATVs to get close to others. Most of these stretches appear to be long ways from roads. We plan on walking down river from the camp to slippery rock pool area on the one day and then maybe up river.

Just wondering if were wasting our time there, We have never fished the Sevogle. Is there an area that would be preferable this early in the run?

As far as flies go someone said brown bugs work pretty good...anything else?

Cheers,

·
Registered
298 Posts
as far as flies i'd take a few shady ladies and some green machines for mid june. depending on water levels take an assortment of sizes, deeper the water the heavier the hook to get it down, I also recomend with higher water yellow for the butt, and crystal flash in the tail for low water. hope it helps

·
Registered
67 Posts
We had our best luck at Slippery Rock pool last year - right at the very bottom of the pool. Used green machines and other bugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated, I'll let you know how we make out. What the heck is a Jimson saddle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts