New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, It's been along time since I've gone a fishing trip since my Dad passed. (he was the boat guy) we (my brother, nephew and I) don't have a boat, and we are looking to do some spin cast fishing, (sick of fly fishing, we suck at it) I'm looking for some recommendation on where we can do some fishing and have a reasonable chance of catching, well, anything, preferably trout, but anything really.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
27 Posts
The headpond above the dam is a great place to just catch fish. It’s full of perch, bass, pickerel, and catfish, it’s fairly accessible as well. I have caught trout in a creek that flows into the headpond (within about 100 feet from the headpond) so it’s a great area for multi species.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum. as Esox mentioned the headpond can be a good spot to start, also there are points along the sj river that can work quite well where some of the old wharves are and the mouth of creeks and rivers like the nashwaak . Sometimes I just look at google maps for interesting looking spots and then go and give them a try when I have the time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Another spot you can try is the channel on the way to McGowen's corner just before the two single lane bridges in Lakeville Corner. It's chalked full of panfish and also some chain pickerel. Try the bridges there as well for chain pickerel and there's parking between the two spans. A good spot for smallmouths is where the Meduxnekeag river dumps into the Saint John River in Woodstock. If you want to see some of the fishery available in NB check out my YouTube channel at: YouTube Tight lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts