New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making one of my trips of a lifetime and will be heading your way in the next few weeks. I'm looking to fish NB, NS and PEI. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Particularly from what I've read names of guides for NB.

I'd rather support the "off the map" so to speak guide outfitter/flyshops that don't have websites. I'm not the "tourist" type and would like to stay away from the so called "tourist traps". I've been flyfishing for 20 + years and Spey fishing for the last 7 years or so.

Rest assured I will not be back nor spread the word. I do not have the money or the time to make a trip across Canada a second time. The opportunity to go has landed on my lap and I now have 2 weeks to get ready and figure out my gear. I fly out to Montreal and will drive back home to Vancouver via the Atlantic Provinces

If ever you head out my way I will repay the favour tenfold. I have fished and have done drifts in many places around BC including the Lower Mainland up North to Smither, Bulkley Valley and the Kispiox and East to Fernie. I'm also familiar with the Washington, Oregon and Northern California costal rivers. Steelheading anyone???

I'm looking for rivers to fish, places to see and those small local flyshops. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks - Christine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Christine,
For sure I would recommend you check out Escape Anglers for a fly shop. Bryant will charm you with his knowledge and dazzle you with his flytying abilities. He runs his shop out of his house in Riverview, N.B.
Good luck with your fishing travels across our Maritimes!
Cheers
Flo

I'm making one of my trips of a lifetime and will be heading your way in the next few weeks. I'm looking to fish NB, NS and PEI. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Particularly from what I've read names of guides for NB.

I'd rather support the "off the map" so to speak guide outfitter/flyshops that don't have websites. I'm not the "tourist" type and would like to stay away from the so called "tourist traps". I've been flyfishing for 20 + years and Spey fishing for the last 7 years or so.

Rest assured I will not be back nor spread the word. I do not have the money or the time to make a trip across Canada a second time. The opportunity to go has landed on my lap and I now have 2 weeks to get ready and figure out my gear. I fly out to Montreal and will drive back home to Vancouver via the Atlantic Provinces

If ever you head out my way I will repay the favour tenfold. I have fished and have done drifts in many places around BC including the Lower Mainland up North to Smither, Bulkley Valley and the Kispiox and East to Fernie. I'm also familiar with the Washington, Oregon and Northern California costal rivers. Steelheading anyone???

I'm looking for rivers to fish, places to see and those small local flyshops. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks - Christine

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Exactly when do you anticipate being in NB,Fishmaiden? And how many people in your party?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts