New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if there are any individuals out there that wouldn't mind taking a fella fishing. I moved here to NB over a year ago now and I still haven't the foggiest as to where it is safe for me to go salmon fishing. It isn't like NS where I can fish any open water for salmon. Here I need to know where I am going, which waters are private or which I need a permit for, which spots I will get shot at and which areas I am going to get arrested... I need some help.. if people don't want to take me that is fine I just need some solid areas that I can go and at least cast a fly alone with a good chance of seeing a fish..

While here so far, many folks have said "sure I can take you" then I never hear from them again.. if I was in NS and someone made that comment then I can guarantee that I spent time on the water after that comment... please don't let me lose faith in the fishing brotherhood.. someone out there must want to help me..lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi, it's a good year to start with lots of fish in the Miramichi. There is quite alot of open water as I am discovering myself. Where are you located in relation to the Miramichi/ Restigouche watersheds? I fish Juniper area with no worries= all open. Here is a link to the river maps that you can see lots of public water on (thick black line along the river =open water)

http://www.manzer.net/fish/index.html

·
Registered
250 Posts
I live in Moncton. I appreciate the link to the map.. I will check it out and make my way.. is there much fishing this time of year?
Sure, the best fishing is last week of June to 3rd week of July but from now till fall was my best fishing last year.There's some guys on here from your area that would probly show you to a pool.I stumbled across cache pool in Boiestown July 1st just by stopping to talk to some fellows fishing and they let me in on how they fish the pool before they left for the day. I fished where they showed me for three hours and rolled a grilse three times and finally hooked and landed it. Next day my son and I hooked three, landed one at same pool; very fun!
Juniper is only 45 minutes from me so I spend most of my time there. It's quite a ways for you to come but there are some lodges there and if you decide to visit message me and I'll try to get out and show you the pools. Tight lines!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never minded a little travel to go fishing that is for sure.. a few hours drive is worth it to lay hands of a fish. I truly appreciate all the help and great information.. I am going to try to print those maps off somehow.. at least they will give me a rough idea as to where to go if I venture out alone.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have never minded a little travel to go fishing that is for sure.. a few hours drive is worth it to lay hands of a fish. I truly appreciate all the help and great information.. I am going to try to print those maps off somehow.. at least they will give me a rough idea as to where to go if I venture out alone.
I just printed them off recently myself; you right click on the one you want, then click save as: to save them to your computer then go into recent items and find the map to print it. (you may already know this but I'm a computer dummy so ignore me if I'm insulting your intelligence:D )

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey exstream, You may want to think about doing a crown reserve trip sometime; excellent opportunity to fish pools almost exclusively. Here is the website;http://www.gnb.ca/0078/CrownReserve/UnclaimedWaters-e.asp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts