New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

new regulations starting June 30th

7K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Bonasa_U. 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#7 ·
I assume that this also applies to leased water? I wonder if those guys will be getting a refund. Personally I don't keep, heck I barely catch so this doesn't bother me that much. Hopefully they will post signs at regular entry point and pools to prevent someone being caught unaware.

#10 ·
"Little Southwest Miramichi River, upstream of Catamaran Brook to and including Clelands Pool"? Why do they include this line in the new rules? I am sure there is a reason I just don't know why we just don't say "Little Southwest Miramichi River, upstream of Catamaran Brook" (have to release all fish) + "Little Southwest Miramichi River, downstream from and including Catamaran Brook" (can keep 1 grisle in August of whatever)...

#11 ·
Hey GM cool down man. he was just informing you that if you want to vent about the situation on the NW then do it in the other thread. This one was started just to notify people that there are changes coming

someone asked if the crown reserve fees could be refunded. the answer is yes but I know I wouldn't be trading in. Who in their right mind spends that money to go up there and tag out and not be able to fish all day. crazy if you ask me.

As for the rules ya they are a bit complicated but I believe the removed the C&R rules at the end of July most likely because they feel that most of the big runs of fresh salmon have moved up river by Aug so to keep them save the upper stretches and spawning grounds are remaining protected.

I wish they would have just made it C&R everywhere. I would hope that this news will get on the radio and tv for the next couple days so everyone gets wind of it. it would really suck to see someone get caught because he or she really didn't know about the changes that have been announced.

#12 ·
that was my intentions NB to inform I feel the same way there are ppl. out there that will not know this unless they are up to date with the changes is all. we all have opinions as to what should be done or how to save the salmon to fight amongst us will not solve anything.

#15 ·
Note: From June 30 to October 15 the catch and retain quota is 0 for the following rivers; Big Sevogle River (downstream from Square Forks), Little Southwest Miramichi River (upstream of Catamaran Brook).
Note: From June 30 to July 31 the catch and retain quota is 0 for the following rivers; Little Southwest Miramichi River (downstream from and including Catamaran Brook) and Northwest Miramichi River (downstream from and including Little River).

Paul, I read the same as you but then I saw this note near the end of the document that says the above. Therefore the comment about clelands is not needed. I thought for a moment that you would be able to retain from clelands to the bottom of the "tractors and equipment lease". My question earlier was about leases like I just mentioned, will they get refunds from the gov. maybe they are C&R only on Salmon anyway.

#18 ·
GM your thoughts of reasoning are heard .. my goal here is to inform ppl. of the changes that happened half way through a season. I would hate to see some father and son out fishing one day .. cause that is what they do once a year and be nailed .. because they are not aware of the changes if you were so lucky to be picked in the main draw you get a call to see if you want a refund .. which is funny but for the average joe making his one trip .. to the limited open waters and not knowing it will cause another new bruswicker to just get frustrated and give up ! My suggestion is to be freindly to the others that enjoy this .. and forward all comments to Wally Stlies at least yours and others including my opinion have been heard upon deaf ears we can't dictate the law but we can come together and voice our opinions to the proper ppl.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
here is the new regs for anyone that is interested in reading them http://www2.glf.dfo-...-2010-063-e.pdf
I already have everything plan for the NW for Thursday and Friday with some friends and our 1st stop was the NW (black pool)... but I guess we gonna need to change the plan since I want a grilse for supper
... I'll do the C&R after my 1st grilse

#28 ·
Barbed hooks are OK for this year at least.MSA pushed for it but it was overuled by the powers that be,citing that they did not want to have to charge a buncha people that were unaware.

#29 ·
Just a quick question that someone might be able to answer quicker than me trying to figure out, I do most of my fishing on the MSW between the bridge in Doaktown and Ponds in Priceville, are you aloud to keep grilse in that section? I tried to figure it out myself by reading what was posted but im pretty unfimilar with the exact names of the pools ect, i mostly catch and release anyhow but would like to know just in case i get a hankerin for some bbq salmon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.