New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,

I'm from Quebec and new to New brunswick,I'll be staying a couple of months.
I am looking for fishing spot around st andrews.I already fished the Digdediguash,and it's a very nice river.Caught a few brookies this morning.I will try Chamcook lake probably this week end,but from the shore,I don't really know if it's good that way.I also saw a small lake on the road to st george on the side of the road,and there was a fisherman,I'll try that spot also.I also heard about the magaguadavic river,but don't really know about it.
I really like fishing trouts,lake trouts and landlock salmons.So if someone is kind enough to just give me the name of the closest river where I could find sea run brookies,if there are any in the area or a nice river for trout,it would be great.
Thank you in advance.

Ouananiche

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Magaguadavic has some nice trout fishing upriver from St.George.From Thomaston Corner downriver to Lower Brockway is the best. The river isn't that deep in this area and wading is a little difficult on the rocky bottom but usually worth it. I've fished the river with a canoe and kayak but have my best fishing stirring up the bottom and getting the trout interested. The river around St.George has some really good smallmouth bass fishing and this time of year you can have good fishing from shore.Chamcook has some nice Landloch Salmon but they are usually trolled for in the deeper areas of the lake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Magaguadavic has some nice trout fishing upriver from St.George.From Thomaston Corner downriver to Lower Brockway is the best. The river isn't that deep in this area and wading is a little difficult on the rocky bottom but usually worth it. I've fished the river with a canoe and kayak but have my best fishing stirring up the bottom and getting the trout interested. The river around St.George has some really good smallmouth bass fishing and this time of year you can have good fishing from shore.Chamcook has some nice Landloch Salmon but they are usually trolled for in the deeper areas of the lake.
thank you,I will try the Magaguadavic next time.I will try for bass also.
And do you know if there is a fishing shop around here?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think Doiron's in Saint John carries fishing supplies as does the gun dealer in McAdam. There's always Canadian Tire,and Walmart too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think Doiron's in Saint John carries fishing supplies as does the gun dealer in McAdam. There's always Canadian Tire,and Walmart too.
Hi,I was wondering what kind of trout is there in the Magaguadavic River,is there only brookies?I also like brown and rainbows,what river around has those kinds of fish.I also checked the wheaton lake,I will return to fish there this week,I heard there are lots of smallmouth...

thank's sako for the answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts