New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

119 Posts
quickie last evening for the last hour with my son and my brother. They each raised a fish around 9:30PM. I had a lot of fish all around and never raised a parr.

Close encounter with a bear in the parking lot on the way out in pitch darkness and saw a really nice moose bull on the drive out, so it was all good!

· Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
hooked my 1st this morning in the NEP.. but after 5 min he wan away with my flie ..damn! hehe.. probably a bad knot I guess, since the line didn't break... green bug with yellow tail

119 Posts
My buddy hooked and landed his 1st grisle last evening, a bright 22'' buck with an undertaker. Some of you may be familiar with Moosebuck (his handle on the hunting site). Expertly netted by my son, it was nice for me to look over the whole show, while I was trying to hook what I thought was a taker (rolled him twice), but to no avail.

Congrats Moosebuck, you're no longer a salmon virgin
and now you are hooked for life!

119 Posts
Monday morning magic in high water conditions. 37 inch big hen on a #4 yellow tail green machine fished down and accross. Had some fun tailing this one alone. Horsed it in, very lively at shore, my son came over after the fact for a few pics while I was reviving the fish. Been in the river for a little while, but had a lot of stamina.

This is what it's all about

· Registered
286 Posts
Monday morning magic in high water conditions. 37 inch big hen on a #4 yellow tail green machine fished down and accross. Had some fun tailing this one alone. Horsed it in, very lively at shore, my son came over after the fact for a few pics while I was reviving the fish. Been in the river for a little while, but had a lot of stamina.

This is what it's all about

what a great pic !! look at the belly just waiting to lay them eggs for the NEP !!! AWESOME

119 Posts
There are a lot of MSW takers like this one on the river this year. Get out there, nothing like it!

Water needs to drop down a solid foot though before most of the pools get fishable again....torrential rains Monday PM and Tuesday AM.

119 Posts
when does the fall run start up there was planning on trying to go up this weekend and try my luck
Should be good, the water level is more fishable now, and the fish are jumping a lot (last week anyway less takers). The week before was phenomenal fishing for most.

My brother did very well the week of moose hunting releasing 3 fish in 2 hours of fishing with a Shady Lady green and red butt. Lotsa big MSW fish in the system.

See ya'all on the river and thight lines 'till the end!

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey Bull's Eye, I've been away for the last week, are the guys still hitting the water!! Spoke to a bud of mine, hooked one two nights ago at Gray's. I've seen you all summer, but from the other side!!!lol Are you still out there?? I'm in NS right now fishing stripers!!

119 Posts
??? Give me a few more hints (JV?)

Still plenty of fishing left with next week catch n keep regs in order.

I did really good last Saturday evening, hooking 3 in one hour, my son hooking and breaking off a big one as well as picking 2-3 more.

Will try to get out at least a couple more times before it's over and in between commitments.....

thight lines,

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.