New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

119 Posts
has anyone been out latley heard there still on the run? How long can you fish salmon on the nep?
'till your fingers get numb LOL!

Late October with the last week being catch 'n' release

My brother was in to some fast action the 2 days before moose season, the grisles were really aggressive. Hooked 2 fish in just a few casts on successive mornings.

· Registered
127 Posts
'till your fingers get numb LOL!

Late October with the last week being catch 'n' release

My brother was in to some fast action the 2 days before moose season, the grisles were really aggressive. Hooked 2 fish in just a few casts on successive mornings.
wow that is the fishing I need to get into. Was in Qaurryville on Sunday water was very high not much action

119 Posts
Time to get this thread back in action for 2011.

I haven't had a chance to get out yet after Salmo, but there is a lot of big fish in the system, all the way to the Gorge. Buddy of mine guides up there and the first sport of the year caught a grisle yesterday AM, so there are fish scattered thru.

Biggest challenge right now is the water level, and finding a decent high water pool to fish.

A co-worker tagged 3 grisles in the last 6-7 days, and had multiple hookups and bigger fish, so it is on, and I would say pretty much on time for the Nip in terms of the early run.

The last couple of weeks saw a lot of action at the Flats so I hear, but that's not a spot I fish at all.

I will be able to get out on Thursday or Friday (or both!) evening with my son. Will let you know how we make out....'till then it's hard on the workin' man

· Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
No idea... we are def. not fishing near Bull's Eye while fishing in the NEP that's for sure
.. I never hear about it either.

But anyways, I'll be fishing the NEP this weekend ... well I hope that i can leave Moncton earlier enough to make it

119 Posts
Fishing should be really good on the weekend, the water is dropping, and the fish are coming in.

Buddy tagged a grisle last night and this morning, only passed a couple of flies and bumped 4-5 fish. He keeps his grisles and has 2 tags left in in 8 or 9 outings, he did really good on grisles and MSW alike, with a yellow wing butterfly and a white calftail green machine.

I have been tied up but I'm heading out after supper for an evening outing with my son who's anxious to try his new salmon outfit.

Thight lines,

· Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Fishing should be really good on the weekend, the water is dropping, and the fish are coming in.

Buddy tagged a grisle last night and this morning, only passed a couple of flies and bumped 4-5 fish. He keeps his grisles and has 2 tags left in in 8 or 9 outings, he did really good on grisles and MSW alike, with a yellow wing butterfly and a white calftail green machine.

I have been tied up but I'm heading out after supper for an evening outing with my son who's anxious to try his new salmon outfit.

Thight lines,
I'm going Saturday and Sunday as well

119 Posts
1st outing Saturday evening with my son, we hit the upper section first, my son raised a couple of fish on a brown bug red crystal flash tail, very big fish.

Drove down to Pabineau falls and got down to Lower Crossing just as a buddy was landing a bright 22'' on a Black Bear Green butt. Fished from 9:30 to last light and I raised a couple more.

Saturday morning my son hooked his 1st of the year on a black bear green but, bright football grisle, almost 6lbs for 23.5''. In the meantime, I managed to pick one and roll 3 others (all different fish)...it was all good.

Seems to be more bigger fish in the system than grisles, which is normal for this time of year and typical of the early run. Get out there, loads of fun. Man my home projects are gonna take a backburner now

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.