New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
I've been chest high in water for the last 5 days straight, fishing AMs and PMs; life is good

Rolled some fish, picked some more, hooked up a few, but unable to land a fish yet. This seems to be the norm with my angling friends as well, the bite being very soft.

I've been having a lot of success with a greased line bomber I call the ''ugly bug''....Green machine body, yellow hackle tied full, white calf tail and a white single upright calf tail horn at the eye....ugly as can be, but the fish love it!

The takes are very slow and non-agressive, probably due to high water temps, but who am I to complaint? The fishing is still incredible for this time of year and I don't mind ''long line releases'' LOL!

In the meantime, my 15 yr old is rolling one or 2 fish every evening, a matter of time before he hooks into his first salmon (he hooked a fat grisle last year).

His proud dad will be there to capture it on film. It just doesn't get any better I tell 'ya...

Take a kid fishing and hunting.....when you're old and grey, they'll blossom into the next generation upholding this wonderful tradition, while putting into practice your teachings and adding some of their own ingredients to the mix, this to your absolute delight...

Thight lines all,
well said i can't wait until my son is a little older he is only 10 and I had him out a few times this summer and he reminds me of myself (are we going home yet) but his cast is getting a lot better I bet when he gets a chance to hook a grisle it will blow his mind

· Registered
127 Posts
'till your fingers get numb LOL!

Late October with the last week being catch 'n' release

My brother was in to some fast action the 2 days before moose season, the grisles were really aggressive. Hooked 2 fish in just a few casts on successive mornings.
wow that is the fishing I need to get into. Was in Qaurryville on Sunday water was very high not much action

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.