New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get into fishing and now I would like to try fishing striped bass, I'm going to take a trip up Miramichi way but I do not have a boat, is there any decent locations I can get to on foot that aren't private land? I've heard red Bank is a good spot but doesn't seem shore fishing friendly. I was also looking at Barnaby river, not sure if it's good though. I'm not looking for honey holes or anything, just general locations I can actually access as I don't know the areas, thanks in advance! :)

·
Super Moderator
27 Posts
Welcome! I haven’t made it up there yet but I have friends who have and from what I’ve heard it’s slow right now. Strawberry marsh is an accessible spot that they have been having success at. Take this with a grain of salt, this is all stuff I’ve heard from friends.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've been trying to get into fishing and now I would like to try fishing striped bass, I'm going to take a trip up Miramichi way but I do not have a boat, is there any decent locations I can get to on foot that aren't private land? I've heard red Bank is a good spot but doesn't seem shore fishing friendly. I was also looking at Barnaby river, not sure if it's good though. I'm not looking for honey holes or anything, just general locations I can actually access as I don't know the areas, thanks in advance! :)
Some accessible shore area that's good fishing is at Cassilis. On Highway 420 along the stretch near civic number 1692.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts