New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be at Costco off Rothsay ave on Wed morn for an appointment. I am bringing my 16' alum boat behind my Dodge Caravan. I would like to go fishing near Darlings island or someplace near there with a good boat launch afterwards. Can anyone give me some directions or suggestions to a launch or alternate place that has smbass or pickeral. Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I will be at Costco off Rothsay ave on Wed morn for an appointment. I am bringing my 16' alum boat behind my Dodge Caravan. I would like to go fishing near Darlings island or someplace near there with a good boat launch afterwards. Can anyone give me some directions or suggestions to a launch or alternate place that has smbass or pickeral. Thanks a lot!!
The best one would be Meenans Cove, but the closest to Costco is Renforth just about 5 KM from Costco.`

·
Registered
457 Posts
Jim, do you just go in Fox farm road or is there signs for the launch
at Renforth. Is it better fishing at Meenans cove?I looked at google.As we will be heading towards Moncton we could take the gondola point arterial then where?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Jim, do you just go in Fox farm road or is there signs for the launch
at Renforth. Is it better fishing at Meenans cove?I looked at google.As we will be heading towards Moncton we could take the gondola point arterial then where?
Yes for Renforth go to the bootom of Fox Farm Rd and turn left the your first right, see the link

http://maps.google.com/?ll=45.357702,-66.012179&spn=0.003279,0.008175&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=6

For Meenans Cove, take the Gondola Pt Ferry exit onto the arterial and turn right at the second set of lights, go 4km down the Model Farm Rd and you should see the Meenans Cove Centre on your left. Better stripedr fishing in the Meenans Cove area and you are a lot closer to Darlings Island.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Went today and launched at Meenans cove. Not many fish,4 small bass and 2 perch but a good day on the water!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Went today and launched at Meenans cove. Not many fish,4 small bass and 2 perch but a good day on the water!!
At least you weren't skunked Casey. I am heading out there this weekend for stripers and maybe sturgeon, but will launch from Hampton and troll down to the area near Meenans Cove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts