New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove by the Nasis Stream along the Ring Rd in Fredericton and figured I might try the fly rod out. Once in there, there is a culvert that goes thru the highway with a fish ladder. Also, there is a Solar panel, and a couple white boxes on each side of the stream running into the ladder. Not sure what all the devices are for, but thought, maybe a motion dectector? Also, it has come to my attention that you have to be 75 feet away from it to fish legally. Anyone else know about this? The Nasis stream is something I never fish, but just thought about a quick fix. However, it's at a location where people clean their fiddle heads, and it's an easy spot to take a child fishing. By the way, I looked it over, and I see no sign posted. You know, we have all heard stories about good cop/bad cop, and it would be tragic for a "Bad" cop to enforce that rule by taking what gear someone has. How would or could this law be enforced if it's true? It's just a stream mostly filled with bass and chub.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey I stopped in there last night just for as you said a quick fix. I often fish that stream in the summer when I havent been catching anything. always a good place to go to catch an 11 inch chub lol. I noticed when they were doing all the work there but never knew what they were doing till i got there last night. my thoughts are that it may be some way of counting the amount of fish using the ladder?? I have seen other cars stopped there and seen other people fishing there. i don't think i have ever seen anyone obey the 75 feet away rule tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts