New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do the sea run trout reach the upper stretchs of the river say around the AV Nackawic mill road area? Has anyone fished up in these areas before? I've tried a few times but with little success.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Somewhere between 1st of June and middle of June... depends on water levels. It's been changing last couple years... used to be you'd hit the run around the first of july but lately it's been 2 weeks earlier

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Gastch. Where about off the Mill Rd are you fishing? I used to fish on the left side of the bridge down around the camping area. But, no luck as sea trout, you just never know unless your on the water every single day. As you know, a lot of that area, (including the bridge) have been washed out. Ever fish Irvings dam?

My suggestion would be to watch this site as much as you can starting mid May and time it right to that.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Hey Gastch. Where about off the Mill Rd are you fishing? I used to fish on the left side of the bridge down around the camping area. But, no luck as sea trout, you just never know unless your on the water every single day. As you know, a lot of that area, (including the bridge) have been washed out. Ever fish Irvings dam?

My suggestion would be to watch this site as much as you can starting mid May and time it right to that.
When was it washed out, in the flooding last year? I'me pretty sure it was in when I was there last fall during deer season and was definatly in late last spring when I was back there. I mostly tried up river from the bridge. I've never been down by the dam...yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, the bridge washed out with a lot of other roads in that area in December. The road is probably to soft for me to want to drive out and take a looksie around. I have a picture of the bridge out.

Word is. There are lots of Brown trout being caught on the Nash today, Saturday. They are probably using worm, but, it's kind of encouraging knowing the Nash is getting better. I just don't know enough if they are a threat towards salmon par or their eggs...

·
Registered
122 Posts
A friend of mine has been telling me they have been catching them up Woodstock for some time now. It didn't make sence that they would be up there and not further down the SJ river. Anyways, a confirmed Brown yesterday taken right out of the Ville, and lots of action at the Durham bridge area...

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Meduxnekeg has a large population of brown trout and i caught on last spring just below the covered bridge in hartland

·
Registered
3 Posts
I fished the Nachwaak today and had great success one 16" and one that broke my 14 pound test spider line had to be at least 20" took it home cooked it . it was clean and really fresh caught those under the bridge just before nashwaak bridge however try 300 meter up stream theirs a poolwith a small water fall or ladder you will see it good luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been out all morning fishing with a fly and nothing. My buddy was using worm and he caught two. So, my guess, they are not ready for a fly just yet. Very windy so I switched to the nine weight, but it made no difference...I think the water is still to high. They can be anywhere right now, so the river is pretty much one big pool...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been out all morning fishing with a fly and nothing. My buddy was using worm and he caught two. So, my guess, they are not ready for a fly just yet. Very windy so I switched to the nine weight, but it made no difference...I think the water is still to high. They can be anywhere right now, so the river is pretty much one big pool...
when i gut my fish i always check the stomach contents yesterdays sea trout had a small chub insde
so spinner bait or rapluas are prob the best fish was caught at durham bridge

·
Registered
1 Posts
when i gut my fish i always check the stomach contents yesterdays sea trout had a small chub insde
so spinner bait or rapluas are prob the best fish was caught at durham bridge
Thats awesome Ive been fishing heavy for 2 weeks with nothing I fish from the duram bridge down to the the nashwaalk but I bike the trails and fish from shore I have been using blue rapalas and gold spinner and worm any suggestions for the girl without a boat?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I give up fishing that Dunbar Pool. It never fails that the wind picks right up and you can't do crud with a fly rod. I lost three flies from my line beating off of rocks this morning and almost broke my rod in half out of frustration. I did however get one good cast in and a fish came up and missed it, but that was about all the action I saw. On lookers saw me in swearing action...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts