New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down on the Naashwak this afternoon with my gf see if there were any early trout running, there were a few people fishing up and down from us, all of a sudden i hear this kid just yelling I got a huge fish! TRout huge trout!. I never thought much of it and just happend to look up saw his rod bent right to the max ..kid had hooked a BIG black salmon, he got it up close to shore before it come off, looked to be atleast a 3 footer...kid was some excited thats for sure..kept yelling i got a salmon can`t believe i hooked a salmon lol good to see some big salmon still live in that river, something he`ll definetly remember for awhile

·
Registered
79 Posts
There's only salmon in the Nashwaak for little kids to hook them long enough to give the kids a thrill of a lifetime. There isn't any other salmon in the Nashwaak beyond that, so nobody should be even thinking about it

·
Registered
79 Posts
So WannaB. If I hook one, I'll hand you the rod, just to give you a thrill...
Hahaha, yes, Lord/Allah/Buddha/Yoda knows I can't hook them myself. I'd appreciate it, just to see what it's like

I'm back from work next week, gotta move my gf & I into a new pad, but should be free the week after. PM me if you want to get out fishing...so I can see what having a salmon on the hook feels like...

·
Registered
8 Posts
A couple of weekends ago I caught 2 salmon parr in the Cross Creek Station Stream. I got a few in there last summer as well. Luckily the bass haven't made it up that far. The strangest day there, I got a brown bullhead, white perch, a salmon parr and a brookie all out of the same area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts