New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on here might know this, but is there a good shad run up the naashwaak river...ive fished trout there early in the year and bass later on but have never fly fished it during shad season...just looking for a few places to fish em

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Pond. I would say it depends on where you are willing to go on the Nashwaak. Just bellow the Marysville bridge, or just above have a couple pools there. But personally, I'd have to say the Dunbar pool.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Pond. I would say it depends on where you are willing to go on the Nashwaak. Just bellow the Marysville bridge, or just above have a couple pools there. But personally, I'd have to say the Dunbar pool.
Thanks for the info...i fish a lot of places on the river, doesnt matter where, there is def some good fishin to be had in that river thats for sure, some of the biggest smallies ive ever caught have come from that river, not to mention some beautiful trout as well...im def gonna hit up the shad run this year now that i know they are in there

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info...i fish a lot of places on the river, doesnt matter where, there is def some good fishin to be had in that river thats for sure, some of the biggest smallies ive ever caught have come from that river, not to mention some beautiful trout as well...im def gonna hit up the shad run this year now that i know they are in there

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
yesterday evening 100 meters down from the Nashwaak bridge I snagged a 1.5-2 pound shad with a spinner and worm

Was after sea trout, so that got my heart pumping for a good 30 seconds until I saw it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts