New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Toad. Your best bet is to call DNR and ask them what the rules are for Catch and Release. Relying on someone from this site is like gossip, and before you know it, your loosing all your gear. No offence to others.

I was reading the post about the couple of guy's who got caught jigging and I got to thinking about how I fish. Everytime I make a cast, I get out as much line as I can, but cannot pull it all back, so I strip my line back in until I know I can control the back cast. I'm assuming many other anglers do the same. However, could that be mistaken as jigging? I've been watching some You tube videos of salmon angling in other parts of the World. Iceland for intance. I watched their technique and see how they strip their line and actually get a salmon to take. It obviously works well, but at what expence here in NB...Are DFO officers quallified enough to determine the difference?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Any news or updates near the black pool "NW"? How's the water level and temperature... any luck so far?

·
Registered
138 Posts
From what I have read in the letter that was sent to all Party leaders that system is catch and release for grilse the entire season for all Crown Reserve water on the NW Miramichi system. Since the letter says no retention of grilse I would think that you would be able to keep a trout if you caught one. Thet letter also says that barbed hooks are still legal if your so inclined to use them.

Bill G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts