New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Rob... I use scupper hole plugs in my t13 most of the time. I find the boat rides higher and is easier to maneuver with them in place. However, if the water gets rough and there are waves splashing in, then I want the plugs out so I can't sink.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Outside of Sackville (Point De Bute). Actually bought the yak from Ecological tours in oromocto.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Good job! Paul at Eco-Logical is great, and does a lot to promote kayaking and kayak fishing! In fact he is a prime sponsor of the NB Paddler's Fishing Derby to be held this June in Oromocto.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hey Rob,
It depends on how much you weigh relative to the size of your yak. I have a 12' Wilderness System Tarpon, and with my weight (about 165 lbs) I don't need the scaupper plugs as the boat rides high enough that water doesn't come up through the holes. I only use them if I'm carrying a heavy load for camping or what not.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, truth to be told I'm nearly twice the man that stroover is, so my kayak is going to be that much lower in the water. Hence I use the scupper plugs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
165lbs!.....I haven't seen that weight since the late 80's!! So I need plugs for the scuppers!!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
you could always use corks for plugs...lol! NICE RIDE!

·
Registered
9 Posts
you could always use corks for plugs...lol! NICE RIDE!
How much does that one go for?i'm just starting to do some research and am looking at different makes and models.If any of you can help me out with which works best for you,to help guide me in the right direction that would be great.Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you are looking for an Ocean Kayak brand kayak, then the place to get one locally is Eco-Logical Adventures in Oromocto. Check with them for his current price for the Trident.
http://www.ecologicaladventures.ca/content/16180

I picked up a Trident 13 angler from him a year ago and I really like it. Nice stable platform, lots of storage space, and very competitively priced.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I love my Wilderness System Tarpon 120, but my next choice (or next kayak) will either be the Trident 13 or the Hobiecraft Mirage with the peddle drive system, if I can afford it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts