New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is lots of Muskie lures and Tackle at Canadian Tire in Fredericton, and Oromocto.
Check it out.

Rob.

·
Registered
29 Posts
even the dollorama's have some decent "realistic swimming" lures, about 5" long, quite a selection and 1.50 apiece or 2 for $2 for fishing on a budget

my son just bought his first tackle box there for 2.50 ...its actually a great size and fits in the box of the 4wheeler just perfect

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, Canadian tire actually has some good quality muskie baits and a decent selection of colour patterns.

With regards to dollarama lures, sure a muskie might bite a cheap 5" lure, but the hooks likely would not hold up to a big fish. The hooks would either bend, or simply rip right out of the body of the lure. Most of those lures aren't wire-through design, and you would just end up losing a fish and injuring it by leaving treble hooks in its mouth. Wire-through lures are a MUST for muskie fishing, as their teeth can destroy the body of the lure and cause the screws of a non wire-through lure to just fall out. With wire-through, even if the body of the lure is completely destroyed, the fish will stay on so you can land it and remove the hooks properly. If you plan on fishing for muskie, you should spend the extra $15-25 per lure for a quality lure that will hold up to the fish you are targeting.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I would steer clear of the Dollarama lures. Most of them won't stand catching a Pickerel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Have bought most of my lure from C Tire, and they have all held up quite nicely. And good selection and decent price. They also have a good selection at Fredericton Outfitters in Marysville. Although I find prices can Range a little higher there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts