New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys and gals I am moving to New Brunswick on the 4th of Feb I am wondering is there any ice fishing around the Moncton area. I guess also where can I fish around the Moncton area. My son who is 14 as well as myself love going fishing and with me moving up there I need to find some areas around the area to fish. I have lived In Nova Scotia all my life and have never traveled to other provinces. So this is a big adventure for my family and me. Any help whould be great. Oh I fish for trout, bass, Striped Bass, jezz I'll fish for whatever there is to fish for really, as long as I can get out on the water for the day.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome to the site Matt, I myself moved here from NS ( Truro ) and pretty much was in the same situation had no idea where to go. I was lucky to have a few friends at work that gave me some spots to try and I built it from there talking and asking questions, one of my first purchases was the NB Atlas, from there I went with the back roads map of NB. from there I used google earth it is a hard process to find key fishing spots but there are plenty out there. I just found that if I did some homework instead of asking I was way better off. On that note send me a private message and i will be glad to start you on your journey. Maybe My 13yr. old step son and I will take you and you son out in Apr. as I don't ice fish.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Take a drive to Shediac, and drive on the wharf (Pointe-du-Chêne wharf). There should be people fishing on the ice around there, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts