New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dos anyone know if there is any trout in the stream that crosses horseman road right before you get to ryan road? if i am not mistaken this is the same stream that crosses at berry mills and also crosses the 4 lane between the coliseum exit and the st george exit

·
Registered
888 Posts
I hit it one time in Sept.
Got three nice trout up by the dump.
However, one of them had a large tumour bulging out of its back.

I've never fished downstream from a landfill again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im new around here so just a quick question. In Irishtown there is a walking park with a resevoir in it, I know you can canoe in it but can ya fish in it I didnt see any info on the signs about fishin.

·
Registered
888 Posts
No fishing there, Matthew.
It's a back-up to the city's water supply (hard to believe, I know) and there is no fishing in any of Moncton's sources of water.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I worked on the windmill project a few years ago, in the Prosser Brook area. Found quite a few nice looking streams in that area, including Prosser Brook, that probably hold brookies. I saw trout in a few pools, not overly large but definately trout.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dos anyone know if there is any trout in the stream that crosses horseman road right before you get to ryan road? if i am not mistaken this is the same stream that crosses at berry mills and also crosses the 4 lane between the coliseum exit and the st george exit
There is trout in there but DO NOT EAT them. It being so close to the Moncton waste facility is just not safe to eat them.

·
Banned
169 Posts
I worked on the windmill project a few years ago, in the Prosser Brook area. Found quite a few nice looking streams in that area, including Prosser Brook, that probably hold brookies. I saw trout in a few pools, not overly large but definately trout.
be careful where you fish up there I don't the exact locations but I know part of that area your prohibited to fish due to the water supply in turtle creek

·
Registered
3 Posts
No fishing there, Matthew.
It's a back-up to the city's water supply (hard to believe, I know) and there is no fishing in any of Moncton's sources of water.
The Fitzsimmons Reservoir or better know as Irishtown Reservoir was decommisiond decades ago. The McNutt Reservoir
now commonly know as McLaughlin Reservoir is the secondary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i know when we were kids we used to get suckers there but thats about it. i have tried just past the dump. a little path you turn onto off of berry mills road between the dump entrance and the overpass and we did catch a few trout but i didn't want to keep any for obvious reasons,lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Prosser Brook I NOT within t he watershed area as per the following e-mail from the director of engineering for the city of Moncton

Ensor Nicholson <[email protected]>

2:43 PM (18 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello:

Prosser Brook is not within the Turtle Creek watershed so you are free to fish there with a license of course.

Good luck

Regards,

Ensor Nicholson, P.Eng.
Director of Water Systems
City of Moncton Engineering Department
ph: <a>506-859-2667</a>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts