New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
they look a lot like the plywood race boats my cousins used to build. a nice boat, but is it a kayak? i guess if your back up paddle has a blade at both ends. i like most of it`s design except the stern. it looks like a wave would roll up the stern but it is quite high, that may make a difference.
i saw one that might have been one of these or some other motorised design in the hammond once. i never got as chance to talk to the person about it but they seemed to have great control. i wondered how slow they could go...?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to try one. There are alot of places I'd like to try fishing and that boat might just be the ticket. I'd have to come up with the $4000.00 or so first though.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i would look at peddal power first. they both weight a lot more than most kayaks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I don't know anything specific about those kayaks. However if you are looking at $4000, I'd recommend taking a long look at the Ocean Kayak Torque first. Here is a really good video talking about it's features:

They are a lot cheaper, as Eco-Logical Adventures in Oromocto lists them on their website for $2100. http://www.ecologicaladventures.ca/content/16180 (scroll down almost to the bottom for the torque)

I've not used the tourque, but Ocean Kayak does make great kayaks for fishing. I've had a Trident 13 for 2 years and love it!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know anything specific about those kayaks. However if you are looking at $4000, I'd recommend taking a long look at the Ocean Kayak Torque first. Here is a really good video talking about it's features: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7PNU2fhJFJ8

They are a lot cheaper, as Eco-Logical Adventures in Oromocto lists them on their website for $2100. http://www.ecologica...a/content/16180 (scroll down almost to the bottom for the torque)

I've not used the tourque, but Ocean Kayak does make great kayaks for fishing. I've had a Trident 13 for 2 years and love it!
Those are pretty cool kayaks; should be great for trolling but I don't think they'd take me upstream on the rivers I fish. I'm more interested in being able to access salmon pools and not necesarily fishing/trolling from the craft itself. The Mokai has a 7 hp subaru 4-stroke which will handle some serious current and run 8hrs on one tank of fuel. Thanks for posting though, I had never seen the Torque.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Those are pretty cool kayaks; should be great for trolling but I don't think they'd take me upstream on the rivers I fish. I'm more interested in being able to access salmon pools and not necesarily fishing/trolling from the craft itself. The Mokai has a 7 hp subaru 4-stroke which will handle some serious current and run 8hrs on one tank of fuel. Thanks for posting though, I had never seen the Torque.
That's fair! I agree it wouldn't likely be the best choice for what you want though. If you do go for the Mokai, I'd love to hear how it works for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts