New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would assume the river will be blown out for awhile? Keith Wilson said river up 5 feet by 5pm today. Anyone been up there today?

·
Registered
124 Posts
water was up almost 10 feet in Blackville as of Friday night. That's 3 meters.

Crazy!

Fishing must be horrible with all the trash in the water. More rain coming up to next thursday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey folks, I was up there this weekend and it was a mess on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You are correct when assuming it was wiped out but it did settle down on Sunday. I saw some big Salmon roll in Quarryville at the mouth of the brook Sunday and the water did clear up but they would not take. I caught a couple trout in the later part of the day but heard of a few other trout being caught.

I know all this rain may not be fun now but she is sure good for the long run and the shiney fellows to come in a few weeks.

One thing I did try all weekend however was worm fishing in the tidal water and we caught some nice trout. I would say black brookies. We also caaught close to ten suckers which was more than I ever seen in 20 years at this location. There were also a few stripers caught in the Newcastle area but no major amounts yet.

So yes the river was a wash out for a couple days but it did start to drop. More rain to come early week so it may be clear by the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts