New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if that store in Ripples still sells live minnows? Or is there anywhere else to buy them in central NB?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Both stores are closed now, except the one on rt 10 but they dont have them. Most cuys including myself trap their own. Im sure if you asked around on french and indian you will likely find someone that has a dew and might be willing to trade or sell a doz if they have a bunch with them. I usually trap mine once a week and have a lot, ive sold them here and there to people and have traded them for a beer or 2, beef jerky ect. Id still bring some other bait tho, sometimes minnows are hard to come by and people are a little less willing to part with them, especially later in the season when they are hard to get at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both stores are closed now, except the one on rt 10 but they dont have them. Most cuys including myself trap their own. Im sure if you asked around on french and indian you will likely find someone that has a dew and might be willing to trade or sell a doz if they have a bunch with them. I usually trap mine once a week and have a lot, ive sold them here and there to people and have traded them for a beer or 2, beef jerky ect. Id still bring some other bait tho, sometimes minnows are hard to come by and people are a little less willing to part with them, especially later in the season when they are hard to get at.
What else are people using for bait out there ???
I was there this morning fishing whit smelts and seemed like everyone around me were catching lots of fish but me... nothing ???
Oh... I was at Frensh lake !

There is a tournement next weekend at Indian lake(end of Mils Rd)!
Any idea on what I should use for bait ???

Thanks !

·
Registered
438 Posts
What else are people using for bait out there ???
I was there this morning fishing whit smelts and seemed like everyone around me were catching lots of fish but me... nothing ???
Oh... I was at Frensh lake !

There is a tournement next weekend at Indian lake(end of Mils Rd)!
Any idea on what I should use for bait ???

Thanks !
I was there this morning, i was the guy with the pop up shelter, we were using live and dead minnows, we left at 230 when we were running short on bait and ended up with 25 pickerel and 13 perch they really started biting crazy after 12oclock. I used smelts last year during a tournament and ended up with the lunker prize. I find its more about location then bait with pickerel, also i always sit and talk far away from my tipups when the ice is under a foot thick, i find a lot of noise will sometimes spook them away, and its usually the the farthest ones that gets hit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts