New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the fishing is any good in Millican lake from sure? I was there a few years ago but I didnt fish. I thought I would give it a try this year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know if the fishing is any good in Millican lake from sure? I was there a few years ago but I didnt fish. I thought I would give it a try this year.
I mean to say shore not sure lol...Its in redhead in Saint john, has anyone fished it before?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I haven't fished it but I have heard from 1 or 2 out in that area that there a good sized trout in there. I'm not sure what kind of trout. Would be easy to get a canoe in there or carry a small aluminum boat, you can get a vehicle quite close.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't fished it but I have heard from 1 or 2 out in that area that there a good sized trout in there. I'm not sure what kind of trout. Would be easy to get a canoe in there or carry a small aluminum boat, you can get a vehicle quite close.
I Dont have a boat I just thought I would try from shore and see what I can get.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
When you get to the lake from the dirt road (the end closest to Redhead Rd) there is a trail that goes along the eastern side of the lake with several places to stand nd cast.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the backwoods book says there is small to average brookies there,

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
any worm presentation should work, including the hildy rig. try a few lures like kastmasters/mr champs, vibrex/bluefox etc.
i had a friend that lived not that far away and used to fish that area with just a crawler and hook, nothing else. it useed to amaze me how far he could cast it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any worm presentation should work, including the hildy rig. try a few lures like kastmasters/mr champs, vibrex/bluefox etc.
i had a friend that lived not that far away and used to fish that area with just a crawler and hook, nothing else. it useed to amaze me how far he could cast it.
ok thanks.....I really am itching to get out this year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks.....I really am itching to get out this year.
When I fish at first lake we have had a lot of success with crawler and a bell sinker and just wait for the big browns to come. Would the same work for brookies?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
yup, just reduce the size of the bell sinker a bit. you will miss some hits if you don`t watch very carefully, mostly from smaller fish.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Any reports on how you made out at Millican Lake, Morton? I was grouse hunting in that area last fall and walked by the lake. Nice spot, that's for sure! You could get a truck in pretty close and not have to portage your boat too far. I might try to get a crew together and give 'er a shot this year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Stroover let me know when you might be hitting that lake, if my shifts lineup I would be up for a paddle around Millican

1 - 16 of 16 Posts