New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has fished the Memramcook river this year and if there has been any success.. Least I think that's the name. I accessed it via the TCH next to a quarrybetween two Memramcook exits. Was only there a short time and seen lots of minnows, but never got a bite. Tried a few differnent things from spinners to small Rapala's to home made jiggs.. Any tips would be much appericated. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My cousin and I caught some trout close to the crusher. Nothing too big (5'-8'). We weren't sure when is the best time of the year to fish it. We were fishing with a sppon with black dots and a crawler.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You will only catch sea trout there if the gates are open further down river. The road that cuts across from the College Bridge side over to Memramcook. There are two roads. One brings you to the Esso gas station/booze store and the other brings you into St. Joseph in front of the big church made of sandstone. One of those roads has a gate just like you see going across the causway in Moncton.

If the gate is closed then forget it. You will catch small river trout. But if the gates are open or were open at some time to allow the large trout up river then you may get trout up to 5 pounds. Buddy of mine caught a 3 pounder there on a worm and went back the next day and caught a 4 pounder on a royal coachmen fly years ago. He stayed pretty much arond the crusher. That was in June of that year.

If the gates were or are open you might have missed the trout. They could be way up river by now.

It's all part of the large trout hit or miss game.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K, thats good to know. It just so happens I drove through Memramcook yesterday on a Sunday drive with the family and noticed the gate your talking about. It was closed. Thank you I'll keep scouting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts