New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info on this lake.
Is there public access ? A boat launch. Lake depth?
What kind of fish are in this lake?
Any info would be great.
Thanks...Rob.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Used to be good many, many years ago, I last fished ther near 20 years ago so take my opinion with a grain of salt. All I caught was catfish, no trout. has it changed, i dunno.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a cottage on Mechanic lake. Im not lying to you at all, when I say dont waste your time. There is no fish in there anymore at all. Like buddy said About 8 years ago it was full of catfish, And then the fisheries put in a stupid fish damn, that was suppose to help the lake. Well now the lake is way to low, and is overrun with weeds. We bought a great big weed mower to tow behind the boat, and we hire out a guy to run it about 4 hours a day for a few weeks to kill the weeds. There is the odd pickeral in there but that is it. Its sad to tell ya the truth. Not 10 years ago I use to be able to look out the window and see the lake boil just before dark.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's been many years for me and the last experience wasn't good. I do remember watching Red Fisher back in the 70's(showing my age here) and he was saying the biggest brooky he ever caught was in Mechainic in the 60's. Can't remember how big it was. Anybody have any info on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts