New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My father and I are going to the Matapedia on August 1-5 Any idea what size and type of flies I should start tying? I was unable to find accomodations (camp with kitchenette or room with kitchenette) anywhere except Motel Du Vallon.Do you know it? We are trying to do this trip reasonable. ( as it is Son's treat. The son being me)Do you have any friendly suggestions or advice and what are some pools to wade fish without every Tom , **** and Harry? LOL

Thanks again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On the Matapédia river, you have 2 villlages : Causapscal and Amqui. You can obtain some information at www.saumonquebec.com or https://www.saumonquebec.com/TheRivers/GaspePeninsula/Matapedia/GeneralPresentation/Matapedia.aspx to get directly to the Matapedia River.

You should call the ZEC office…1-888-730-6174 , They will give you information on the river, costs, accessibility and accommodations. A catch and release license for non- resident is only 10$...if you want tags…you'll pay more than 100$, Also, don't forget to get your daily passes to go fishing in Quebec.

There is also a very nice Fly Fishing shop in Causapscal: Boutique Le Saumonneau, 142 St-Jacques S Causapscal, (418) 756-5450

The Quarryville pool of the Matapedia is called "Les fourches". If you like dry fly fishing, you should try Heppel pool!

Have a good trip.

Jacques

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes Heppel Pool is popular but if you are not in a hurry you should try it...It is dry fly heaven! Carter Bug is great and Crevette (salmon color big dry fly) is very good too. For wet, I remenber that I had fishes on Green Highlander hairwing, Same Thing Murray, Green Machine and Bear Hair....all double hooks sizes 4 to 8.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts