New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magaguadavic Lake has been on my wish list for a while now, but I've just not made the trip out to try it. With the smallmouth season coming to a close soon, and with the water levels in the Saint John river system so high, I thought now might be a good time to give it a try.

Does anyone have any feedback on how the fishing has been there this year? In particular this fall. Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello Bob! did you have a chance to go out on the lake? how was the fishing? I was thinking of going out there this week some time, thanks Ron.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Bob! did you have a chance to go out on the lake? how was the fishing? I was thinking of going out there this week some time, thanks Ron.
I'm afraid I haven't made it out yet. My weekends are pretty booked lately so I'll need to take a day off work and that involves working around other issues. I will get out before the end of the season though!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was there today, had a great day overall,caught at least a dozen smallies, average 2 lbs and about the same amount of pickerels, a bit windy, but nice in the coves. Ron.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was there today, had a great day overall,caught at least a dozen smallies, average 2 lbs and about the same amount of pickerels, a bit windy, but nice in the coves. Ron.
Sweet! I'm looking forward to hitting the lake soon. Sturgeon Hunt Sunday, then try and schedule a day for the Magaguadavic...

Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
has anyone been fishing this lake this spring yet, how's the fishing so far, may be out there tomorrow

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey everyone. I just spent a couple of days there in early June and the Fishing was good. Watch out for rocks, they are everywhere, but there is some nice bass in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking to go fish the Magaguadavic within the next couple weeks, can anyone help me out with where to go to best access the lake? Just looking on gps or google maps isn't helping a whole lot. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you coming from Highway 2 Westbound? If so take the Kings Landing exit Route 635 till you hit Farm Point Rd and bam your there at the public access!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The best access to Big Mag is down the Grub Road (Y Camp Road) which is about a mile past the Farm Point Road at the bottom of the hill on a sharp corner. After your on the Grub Road then take your first right and it brings you to a public launch. I was just there yesterday 13 July and the road is in good shape you could drive a car in there. Fished Hills Head from around 7AM to 11 AM with no luck only got about a half dozen pickerel, no landlocks or bass. Very hot, water surface temp peaked at 78 degrees. Lots of fish marked on the fishfinder though and there was a lot of bird activity the first two hours that we were there.

Cheers

Bill G.

·
Registered
457 Posts
KHZ, don't know about the road you asked about but I posted a pic in the gallery of the public launch on the ycamp road off HWy 635 just past Farm Point rd. I was there last week and the road in is ok as there were also 2 cars that came in. A few fallen trees but no problem .getting around them as they have been cut back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Casey. I knew and actually used Y camp a few times in the past.

I have been wanting to get to the head of the Magaguadavic River area, but Y camp is just a bit too far to there as I have only man-powered watercraft.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Casey. I knew and actually used Y camp a few times in the past.

I have been wanting to get to the head of the Magaguadavic River area, but Y camp is just a bit too far to there as I have only man-powered watercraft.
I should have checked the hyperlink posted previously. Anyway the dirt road I referred to is the first one on the right right after Rout 3 and 4 intersection (Harvey-to-McAdam direction). Here is the correct hyperlink: https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.6388647,-67.1510012,5240m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en. As one can see you are right at the head of the river IF you are able to drive all the way to the lake on this dirt road. Any info about the road will be appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
magaguadavic siding road just past the route 3 turnoff (about 2km) towards mcadam will take you into lake just one cove over from outlet and dam.its marked.you can take a car in it to the siding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the eastern side there are a few spots you can get to with a car. At the SE end theres a dam where a brook runs out that you can get to with an ATV or a Jeep that you hate the paint job.

Both places offer a decent area to shore fish from, but that lake is surrounded by cabins and thick trees.

If you go near the dam, remember you can only fish above the dam! You don't want to be the guy who gets caught fishing the pools at the bottom of a dam.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts