New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I ran out of 8lb Maxima a few weeks ago and there was none around town so I dug out a spool of Rio Powerflex 3X 8.2lb that I bought last spring for the clear water of the Kedgwick (it's somewhat close to that water color). It has nowhere near the strength of the Maxima and I now think I've lost at least three fish due to this tippet material.

Today I was using a double #6 copper killer because the water is very high in Juniper, had a very good hookset I think but he snapped it on his first jump. Not much of a video but you might be able to see the jump

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1153sY347jU

By the way, the water should be perfect in Juniper on Monday

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have to ask seeing this video ( which is awesome keep it up ! ) in this video you can see he was hooked into a fish but as his post states the leader broke. My question is has anyone ever caught a salmon with a fly in it's mouth ? I have caught many a salmon and seen lots of marks but never a fish with a hook. I have caught kelts with smelts half digested but a fly in a lip never !! Wanna fish Kudous to your last video. keep em' com'in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have to ask seeing this video ( which is awesome keep it up ! ) in this video you can see he was hooked into a fish but as his post states the leader broke. My question is has anyone ever caught a salmon with a fly in it's mouth ? I have caught many a salmon and seen lots of marks but never a fish with a hook. I have caught kelts with smelts half digested but a fly in a lip never !! Wanna fish Kudous to your last video. keep em' com'in.
I have written in the past about my trip to the fish ladder in Nfld on the Exploits and the viewing window for the migrating salmon there. In 30 mins and watching about 100 fish go through, I saw at least half a dozen with hooks in their mouths. Cant say as they seemed bothered by them.
Never caught one myself with hooks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have caught fish with flies still in thier yaps years ago on the LaHave and Medway rivers....its been many many years though and it was after someone else had hooked a fish in the small pools we fished back then.....Its my opinion that they dislodge the hooks very quickly by grinding into the gravel at the bottom of the river or against rocks....no science behind this just a theory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts