New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
baught myself some new gear and looking to try out stripers this year in the fredericton area and was wondering when the best time to fish for them and whats the best lure to use. i have i have berkley gulp saltwater eels 10" and a couple other diffrent lures i baught at fredericton outfitters

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
stripers hit best at dark, dawn and dusk. they can also hit in day light, but not as well and not the big ones as often. current or the change of current can trigger them too. for time of year, almost all of our open water season, but they can slow down for a couple weeks in june. as for the best lure, welllllllllllll, eels are always an option up river, other than that, either match the hatch for the bait fish run, or use something that stands out from the crowd, like metalics or clown finishs. they will hit in any part of the water column, from top water to bottom.

i hope this helped, tight lines liljoe!

·
Registered
64 Posts
stripers hit best at dark, dawn and dusk. they can also hit in day light, but not as well and not the big ones as often. current or the change of current can trigger them too. for time of year, almost all of our open water season, but they can slow down for a couple weeks in june. as for the best lure, welllllllllllll, eels are always an option up river, other than that, either match the hatch for the bait fish run, or use something that stands out from the crowd, like metalics or clown finishs. they will hit in any part of the water column, from top water to bottom.

i hope this helped, tight lines liljoe!Do ya fish the rivers much, or mainly concentrate the falls area

·
Registered
64 Posts
stripers are a mystery as far as their migrating behaviour.our government has very little knowledge as to how many fish live, and travel through Maritime waters.I think stripers are in good shape across the board, as they are now showin up in PEI connecting waters.The reports of striper activity on the mighty Miramichi river, also seem to be more common, with numbers of big mature fish showin every spring.so nows the time to take a good look at stripers in our waters.Getting them "gamefish"status would be a huge start.The government has always seemed to care more about our precious salmon, along with many highly respected and, passionate anglers.ive fished salmon theyre great fighters and can be a real challenge to catch,sure they generate a lot of money for our provinces but we need to have our dfos along with Biologists do some work with stripers.they are becoming a popular species, with the best qualities for the recreational fishery.The problem IS we will probably never see this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts